There are so many pregnancy books out there it’s hard to know what to read! Personally my gospel has been What to Expect When You’re Expecting. However, my own Mama sent me a pregnancy book with a bit of a difference in the post and it’s truly brilliant.
It’s basically a colouring book for adults although there are other activities too: mazes, word searches, quizzes etc. It’s funny, clever and perfect for those moments when you just need to relax or can’t sleep. It’s divided into trimesters and a section for after the baby arrives.
Some of my highlights include
The idea of pushing a watermelon out of your private parts is certainly a terrifying prospect and makes the fruit comparisons not so much fun anymore! My baby is currently the size of a lemon and even that’s pretty scary! Let’s stop talking about fruit…
Now this one is all wrong for me (apart from the burger bleugh). Chicken is one of the few things that I can eat (especially KFC chicken!). The smells that most make me want to puke are beef, mince meat, lamb, milk, chocolate (sucks to be me right?!) and Dentyl Refreshing Clove mouthwash (hence the poorly drawn picture of Jack who uses it twice a day)! I can’t wait for the nausea stage to pass! What smells make you want to vomit?
Now this page is completely right! My top 5 things to wear are definitely pyjamas, leggings, baggy jumpers, grandma pants and definitely no bra! Sexy clothes are out of the window at the moment (sorry Jack!) I just want to be comfy!
I’m not going to post anymore because I don’t want to spoil it for you but some other highlights include:
- A maze where the goal is to make it from your desk to the bathroom without throwing up
- Unconventional Mobile ideas- “let’s get one thing straight right of the bat: your newborn does not care about his mobile because he cannot see more than six inches in front of his face. Even when he does start seeing, he still doesn’t care about the Mozart-playing baby elephants that you so lovingly hung in his direct line of sight; the speck on the wall over there is just as interesting.” (page 57)
- A word search of bad baby names- Vespa anyone?
- How many strangers have caressed you today?
- Unscramble the things that will never be the same once you have this baby.
Basically the book is great when you’re simultaneously dealing with how wonderful pregnancy is (because there’s a magical life growing inside of you that you love so much already) and how horrifying (because you feel and look like crap and want to spend all day eating and crying). It will cheer you up, take your mind of the bloat and make you feel better about yourself and how you’re doing. It’s a really unique pregnancy book and I won’t be putting it down much during this journey!
If you want a copy for yourself or pregnant friend, colleague, loved one you can find it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Activity-Book-Pregnant-People/dp/1409173895/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541512740&sr=8-1&keywords=big+fat+activity+book
What pregnancy books are keeping you going right now (or kept you going when you were pregnant)?